AP Chemistry

Home Forums Chemistry AP Chemistry

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Janice Morris 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

leigh ann eriks
    Participant

With the changes to the 2013/2014 AP Chemistry curriculum, I am thinking that the modeling sequence and approach will work with the new Big Ideas. I have used modeling for my Honors Chemistry classes. Is anyone else considering using the modeling approach in AP Chemistry?

Carlos Montero
    Participant

YES! I am actually very excited with the new AP curriculum and I feel that College Board is coming to our playing field which will work in favor of anyone using modeling. Many of the newer units in the chemistry curriculum are great for using in AP chemistry. However, nothing is more important than having gone through a full modeling course before AP. This develops the basic models that we can use and further during the second year in AP.

leigh ann eriks
    Participant

Thank you Carlos. I teach AP Chemistry as a first year course and have connected with some local teachers and we have worked through the first quarter and are looking forward to addressing the “Big Ideas” through modeling!

Carlos Montero
    Participant

Excellent! I would love to see what you guys have done so far. If you could share that with me, that would be fantastic

Janice Morris
    Participant

I will be teaching AP Chem for the first time in 2014-15. I have been a Modeler for two years in General Chemistry and one year in Honors Chemistry. I’m trying to decide in what order to present the AP content using a Modeling approach. My lack of experience with AP is making this difficult. I have attended one AP training so far this summer but there were no Modelers in the group. Any information you can pass on regarding how you used a modeling approach with your revised AP course in 2013-14 would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.