- Host: AMTA
- Location: Distance Learning through Go-to-Meeting platform
- Course meets: Wednesday evening from 7-10 pm Eastern time zone.
- Dates: August 23- December 13
- Leader: Colleen Megowan-Romanowicz & Special Guests
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This course will delve into the cognitive underpinnings of Modeling Theory—reading about some of the seminal theories upon which it is based, engage in Modeling discourse and practice discourse management, watch video of Modeling classrooms and make sense of student thinking by watching them whiteboard and listening to them talk with each other. It will look at how Modeling uncovers the spectrum of middle and high school science topics, exploring the storylines from the various disciplines, discussing the fundamental models of each of these disciplines with expert Modelers from physics, chemistry, biology, and middle school science.
- The Fall Distance Learning course will be conducted via GoToTraining.
- Current AMTA members receive a discount on the course fee of $910 and instead pay only $850. Course requires minimum number of registrants by August 8th date in order to run. Enrollment is limited to 24 participants.
- Full payment is due by August 8th to secure your seat.
For additional information and to signup go to: https://www.eweblife.com/prm/AMTA/my-rsvp/apply?record=980