Modeling instruction in the media
- Frank Noschese TEDxNYED on learning science by doing science.
- NBC 7 News; Whiteboarding in Matt Greenwolfe’s class
- A 1-hour WNET special on the drop-out crisis in America; it features Seth Guinals-Kupperman being interviewed by by Ray Suarez.
- Physics First turns sciences upside down for Tennessee students
- What is Modeling? Luke Diamond and Jennifer Dye, John Paul II High School Hendersonville TN
Students share their views on learning through Modeling Instruction
Examples of classroom implementation
Here’s a link to a 12-minute clip of Modeler Seth Guinals-Kupperman’s classroom with some expert commentary by Fernand Brunschwig.
Physics Buggy Lab with Whiteboard Debrief and Motion Map Introduction
Highlights of a Bouncing Ball
These clips show 1 class period, 3 weeks into the semester in Dwain Desbien’s calculus-level physics course at Chandler-Gilbert Community College in fall 1999. 33% of the students had never had physics before!