AMTA offers several methods of online collaboration:
These are peer-to-peer lists, which can be set to receive emails as they are sent, or daily digest form. To join one of the Modeling listservs, send an email to Jane Jackson at ASU.
- Physics Modeling (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Chemistry Modeling (email@example.com)
- Physics First Modeling
- Biology Modeling (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Physical Science/General Science Modeling (including middle school)
- Modeling Workshop Leaders
To join the AMTA listserv, send an email to Colleen Megowan-Romanowicz, Executive Officer of AMTA.
- Discussion related to the role of AMTA (email@example.com)
- Information on how to change your settings can be found here.
The first installment of compilations is here, and we will be adding more regularly. Check this link often to see what Modelers think about key issues that affect teaching and learning.
Forums (Bulletin Boards)
Our bulletin board has threads for each Modeling discipline. Bulletin boards are best used for member-authored resources, questions and comments that are “timeless” and that others may value in the future. Members may “subscribe” to any particular bulletin board or post, so they receive an email when a new post is made.
- Earth Science
- Physical Science
- and Physics: CASTLE, Mechanics, E&M, and other physics (clicking the discipline will take you to that thread).
- We also have a thread for general Modeling discussion and one for employment opportunities for modelers.
- “Like” our page on Facebook.
- Join our Facebook group (possibly coming in mid-2012)
- Twitter: Search for #modsci, #modphys, #modchem, and #modbio.