If you have been a member of the Modeling Community for any length of time, you will have seen or heard reference to the extensive library of compilations of Listserv posts that Jane Jackson and Suzi Shoemaker have been creating for, lo, these many years. They contain the collective wisdom of Modelers who have shared their thoughts and experiences with others on the Listserv for over a decade.
Eventually this site will host the whole library of compilations (and we have plans to make them searchable), but for now, while we’re still getting our website content loaded, I will add a few every week. Here is a first installment of seven important ones. (Note: when you click on one of the links below it will download the document to your computer.)
Check back here often to see what’s been added.
- Allocating class time to various activities
- AP Physics without a textbook
- Big classes: strategies for learning, room size, liability issues
- Pacing: finding the time to do Modeling Instruction the way it should be done
- POGIL vs. Modeling Instruction
- Post-game analysis: model analysis and synthesis, reflective thinking
- Predictions: how and when to use them