These materials were originally intended to prepare students for a 9th grade Physics First course. The first three units were completed in 2003. Later, Pat Burr & Lee Rodgers developed supplemental materials incorporating elements of mathematical modeling and units on forces.
- Geometric Properties of Matter Fundamentals of measurement, comparing lengths, time rate of change of position, measurement of area and volume
- Physical Properties of Matter Measurement and conservation of mass, density as a characteristic property.
- Atomic Model of Matter Solids, liquids and gases, energy and states of matter
- Forces as Interactions Force concept, Newton’s laws
- Unit 1 Geometric Properties of Matter (no tests/quizzes)
To view complete materials you must be logged in. If you see only the sample materials above, enter your username and password in the right side menu, or click here to join.