Where are AMTA members?
Modeling instruction in the media
- Frank Noschese TEDxNYED on learning science by doing science.
- NBC 7 News; Whiteboarding in Matt Greenwolfe’s class
- A 1-hour WNET special on the drop-out crisis in America; it features Seth Guinals-Kupperman being interviewed by by Ray Suarez.
- What is Modeling? Luke Diamond and Jennifer Dye, John Paul II High School Hendersonville TN
- Hands on, minds open: the changing face of science education: Claire McLaughlin of Brunswick County Early College High School in North Carolina and her students are profiled in this video created by the Hunt Institute.
- Hypothesis, theory, law and model
- Modeling Instruction in the science classroom (podcast)
- But are they really learning? (podcast)
Students share their views on learning through Modeling Instruction
Examples of classroom implementation
Here’s a link to a 12-minute clip of Modeler Seth Guinals-Kupperman’s classroom with some expert commentary by Fernand Brunschwig.